• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

ZDP Additive

Nickodell

Donation Time
The subject of damage to cam lobes and other sliding contacts, and the removal of the protective ZDP from engine oil, has been discussed many times and several solutions suggested, including using a diesel oil like Rotella. I understand that as diesel engine design improves even diesel oils will lose most of, and eventually all, ZDP. I contacted Lucas Oil Co. about their Break-in additive. The bottle label says to use it for breaking-in a new engine, but to drain the oil+additive after 1,000 miles and refill with just oil.

My question was can it be used as a permanent additive. Lucas replied that it can indeed, and about 4 fluid ounces per oil fill would be beneficial. Seems like cheap insurance.

Lucasoil001.jpg

canuck pride

Donation Time
I think that Lucas is a great product. I use there oil in my Harley helps on the engine cooling and keeps the upper end a little less clacky. I use the trans oil in it and is a world of differance in shifting. my 2 cents.