• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Y-pipe to fit SV headers

hopsedge

Platinum Level Sponsor
When I bought my '67 SV a few years ago the "parts bin" it came with included a pair of headers. I have mounted those headers on the car in lieu of the stock exhaust manifold, and I find that the two pipes that should slide into the receiving end of the "Y-piece" beneath the driver's footwell are further apart than the "double down pipes" from the stock manifold. So, the twin ports/pipes on the receiving end of my stainless steel Y-piece are two close together to accommodate the header pipes (by about 0.6 inches). Has anyone else experienced this? I am thinking the only way for me to address this is to have a custom Y-piece built to receive the wider header pipes.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
You should be able to spread them apart enough to get in the Y pipe. You probably should also loosen the
nuts on the intake when you do this.