• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wtb hardened woodruff keys

cobraii78

Donation Time
I'm looking for a pair of hardened woodruff keys. Kelly's supply has run dry, and I don't want to have to by a bag of 100 to get the two I need. I've checked locally with no luck. Please let me know if you have a pair you'd be willing to part with. Thanks.

Mike

pcmenten

Donation Time
soft keys vs. hard keys

I've got a question about these woodruff keys and soft vs. hard. I'm certain that Rootes had access to hardened materials, so it makes sense to me that they chose this material for a reason. Is it possible that these keys were installed on particular cars, such as vehicles shipped with wire wheels, as a means of protecting the wire wheels from excessive driveline shock?

I've finished the conversion of my car to steel wheels, so I can probably stand to use the hardened keys, but if there's a rationale for using the softer keys, I'd like to know so that I avoid an obvious potential problem. I've considered using MGB 14" wire wheels at some point, perhaps 14" wire rims laced onto Sunbeam hubs.

Paul

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Paul,

The reason I believe they went with a sof tkey, was to save money. If you shear a key and it messes up, both the axle and hub, you wouldn´t be saving much by not hurting a wire wheel. The stock Alpine engines don´t have enough popwer to harm a wire wheel, so they thought a soft key was sufficient for the job, but even stock Alpines have sheared these keys.

Jose

Fordtootsie

Donation Time
woodruff keys

George

I am not anywhere close to getting my conversation running _ I am painting the engine prior to first fitting - but I also will need the harden woodruff keys. Do you perhaps have a sufficient supply for another car??

John in Colorado

kmathis

Donation Time
Hi, All:

I have the Hardened Woodruff Keys, again...bought enough for 50 rear axles...so that ought to do.

If you need a pair, they are 5 bucks a pair.

Send a PM or e-mail with your address and I will get a set to you, and you can send 5 bucks in the return mail, after you get your keys...or...not.:)

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'll need a couple more sets

Kelly, When you get around to it put me down for a couple more sets.

Send to may home address as listed below:

Dan Richardson
123 Richardson Drive
Greenwood, SC 29649

You have my E-mail

Tell me how to pay and where to send the reimbursement....
Thanks,

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi, All:

I have the Hardened Woodruff Keys, again...bought enough for 50 rear axles...so that ought to do.

If you need a pair, they are 5 bucks a pair.

Send a PM or e-mail with your address and I will get a set to you, and you can send 5 bucks in the return mail, after you get your keys...or...not.:)

Sent payment today - sorry for the delay.