• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

WTB Alpine S3-5 for donor car, North TX

cmjr1966

Donation Time
I'm looking for a donor car for a V6 project, would prefer Series 3-5. Motor and tranny will be pulled so although not important I do realize I can get more for a good motor when I sell the parts. Not interested in cars that require extensive rust repairs, would rather pay for a solid car now than pay to repair a rust bucket. I live in the North Texas area, DFW and would like to keep this to a 300 mile radius but will entertain anything that makes sense. Would also look at any V6 projects that are imcomplete. PM me to make contact.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Donor Car ?

Read your post about wanting a donor car for engine conversion andthought you might contact a fellow SAOCA member that has a car for sale (cheap for what it is).

He has a V6 engine and Trans, extra parts and appears to be a worthy project for conversion.

He said it had some rust and that the floor pans are in poor shape.

If you are converting probably most of the floor pans will take some extensive modification work anyway.

He is near Atlanta, Ga a bit farter than you asked for but I travel between Greenwood, SC thru Atlanta to Plano at least several times a year pull my tractor on to Pratt, Ks .... a piece of cake!

Getting you to together as fellowCar Buffs will help both!

Happy Touring,

DanR

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I've got a really solid S5 that is an abandoned V-6 project. Started out as a rotisserie restoration and the owner got a V-6 Camaro engine with auto transmission installed and then passed away. It has a good title too. $2500 and located in South Carolina. I have a friend who may be able to deliver it to you for a fair price. Please contact me for photos. Eric

cmjr1966

Donation Time
Project cars

DanR, I saw that car when it came up in the classifieds. Distance is a killer for anything with rust and I'm pretty committed to doing Jose's conversion, not a whole lot of reinventing the wheel. Usually without inspection if their is rust you can see there's a lot more you can't, hence the need to crawl under and over it. It's just so much easier to pay a premium for a straight car, but thanks for the heads up and effort.

Eric, not sure if your project is an option as I would have to undue a lot of what has been done, again to install Jose's conversion. The fact that it's been through a roto to start....peaks my interest. PM on the way.