• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wow

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Hi folks,
I'm an Alpine guy so not overly knowledgeable about Tigers nor do I follow the market on them but this seller seems to me to be very optimistic: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes...tr=true&hash=item2edf954ee0&item=201319599840
I must say the car looks very nice but is the colour a stock one, I've never seen one that colour unless it is perhaps Midnight Blue? Also for this price shouldn't the engine bay be body colour and not black?
Just a few observations. Again, I'm no expert but I had no ideas Tigers were reaching this level price wise. Makes me wish I had bought one a few years back. :)
Thanks,

alpine_64

Donation Time
The car sold at auction back in 2nd week of march for 115k, this was 60k more than it was worth

Can a dealer really buy this car for probably 60k more than it was worth snd then try snd make another 50k? We are about to find out.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
I think the band wagon must be getting pretty crowded as so many are jumping on and hope to make huge bucks

Wish I had kept mine

65beam

Donation Time
Michael,
have you ever bought any cars beside your sunbeams? dealers start high, negotiate and deal and sell for less than original asking price. they still make a profit.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Tiger

Jon Hasbrouck in N.C, sold his to a fellow in Nevada for 87k couple of weeks ago, asking price was 89,9 in Hemmings.

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
The color on the Tiger is called Commodore Blue and if memory serves, the code for it is 109. Looks black at night and a beautiful blue in daylight. One of my favorite Sunbeam colors.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
What Colour?

Cactusmasher, I'm not too sure it is Commodore Blue (106).

Looks much more darker blue than mine ('67 SV Colour Code 106).

Do agree that it is a beautiful blue. Love it!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
A very good bet!

Notice the tag was omitted ? Or at least I did not see it!

DanR