• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wouldn't it be betterr if we didn't have kids?

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
I almost put this in rants etc.

My son and family are off to a wedding in Ottawa. He asked "can you pick my car up from the airport, we have to be there at 04:00".

Me "sure".

Him "can you fix the brakes while we're away"?

Me (stupidly) "sure". After driving it, I'd say it has warped rotors. So, I will fix. Got rotors turned, 50+% of pad left so it was left.

Daughter and son-in-law arrive the next day. He has a work trip east. She asks "can you put a trailer hitch on our car while we're gone"?

So, I agree. Go to local junk yard and score a bolt-on hitch for $40. Brush it, paint it, install it and it looks quite good. Another $25 gets the wiring. All ready.

So, when do I find time to work on Alpines?

I was thinking soon was a good time but, my wife decides now is the only possible time to paint the entire interior of our house.

How do you guys get to do "Alpine time"?

65beam

Donation Time
wouldn't

You can do what I do. Send the wife off to work for five days which means she stays at her mom's house and comes home for the weekend. she does give me a list and if it's all done on Monday I do whatever seems right to me.

64auto

Donation Time
The only time I get to work on mine is after both kids go to bed. Mine are young- I Did however get to take my 7 year old for a cruise in the Alpine with the booster seat- whether its illegal not sure but hey no belts in the back so should be ok.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
When I started the Alpine project, I quit working on other cars, except to HELP our sons to work on theirs. If they want it done, they can pay for it. It was a very effective decision.

Bill

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Hi Bill

Wondering about the 20 to,80" in a single gear. What gear was that?
Was that first or second or maybe third? Or was it fourth ?