• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Would You Believe

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Ford used SAE fittings on the 2002 Duratech. The jacking thread used to remove the fan pulley is 3/8"-16 and the transmission mounting bolts into the transmission are 1/2"-13. They about drove me nuts finding compatible bolts.

Bill

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
It's Ford. "Quality is Job #1." They're probably "metric." :D
Speaking of "metric", there is a guy on the net (Dave Williams, who seems to be well versed in such things) who claims there really is no metric standard, at least as far as bolts and nuts are concerned. The standard specifies only for the bolt to be specified in metric units, i.e. there is nothing that states a bolt cannot be say, 12.682 mm and the thread 1.96mm. If that is true, then yes, they probably ARE metric!

Bill

Nickodell

Donation Time
I read somewhere, years ago, that the old British Whitworth thread nuts and bolts/machine screws were superior to SAE, UNF, metric etc. Something to do with the thread profile.

Can anyone throw a light?