• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Word of caution on door handle bezels

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Ordered all new bezels and black escutcheons for window winders and door handles from Rick at SS. As you know these have a tendency to swell over time making it difficult to get off and on. Since I was replacing window lift mechanisms I realized it was time to replace my originals. Make sure you keep your original springs as these are not available.

Anyway, the black escutcheons are very nice, as are the chrome bezels, but I was caught by surprise when I discovered the window winder handles have a different post diameter - Rick's chrome bezels wouldn't slide over the post. They work fine for the door handle but don't fit on the winder. I haven't checked the parts book yet to see if this is a later Series thing or a Tiger thing? Used my original bezels with Rick's repro escutcheons - all worked out in the end. Anyone else encountered this?

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
Door Handle and Window Crank Bezels

I had the same issue on my Series II. Parts Manual indicates two different plate numbers for door handle and the window crank handle but the part number itself is the same H.109923. I was able to use spares for larger window cranks.