• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

wire to steel wheels..

GLB

Donation Time
I am new to the world of Alpines but not to British cars. I have had 7 old Lotus cars and have 3 currently. Alpines are different from my experience. My son bought a 60 Alpine many years ago for $250. Had a Pinto 2 litre engine very poorly done. Car had sat outside and filled with leaves and rusted the floors but not the cruciform. I stripped the car, built a rotisserie and have now repaired the rust. I don't believe the car has ever been hit and is now solid. I have with DanRs help got a V6 sitting in it. My question is about wheels. It has wire wheels with very worn hubs and wheel centers. In fact one had a slot milled in the hub and a key welded into the wheel to keep it from spinning. I have searched the forums for what is required to change but have not found what I need to know. Are there special hubs for bolt one wheels that replace the splined wire wheel hubs or do the bolt on wheels attach where the hubs were? I have seen some solid wheels available on the forum so I think those can be sourced. Any help with this problem is appreciated. Gary in El Paso Tx

alpine_64

Donation Time
The lug nut hubs directly replace the wire wheel hubs.

The front on all series are the same.. and same as period hillman.

The rears on series I-IV are the same but series V have a different size axel.

You need a hub puller for the rears and can be a total PITA....there are several threads that cover the process and I think an article in the home page about how to make a hub puller... But there have been threads on it too.