• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

wiper motor

Alpine66

Donation Time
My wiper motor has no wires attached to it and the wires color coding is long gone.
So the wiring diagram I have in the rather anemic service manual is all but worthless.
pulled it apart and see the one wire directly attaches to the stator while another attaches to one side of the winding and the other appears to attach to another winding, presumably these two are the two speeds.
Also one of the winding wires goes to the finishing contact , I assume this is low speed.

Is the stator wire a ground? Or are the two winding wires grounded and the stator is +?

Is there any kind of resistor used? If so how is it wired?
Anyone have a good diagram?
Thanks

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
This much I know:

No resister.

There is one "hot" wire. Ground one wire, high speed. Ground two wires, low speed. The case must be grounded in order for the park circuit to function.

It is a pretty robust unit, your not likely to smoke it figuring out the details.

Bill

Alpine66

Donation Time
I pulled the case and motor apart, the old grease had hardened and kept the gears from moving.
I agree on it being robust, its stoutly made. Put some new synthetic grease after scraping out the old gunk.

So if I follow you, there is one wire hot and to change speeds I ground one or both the other two?
Must be the stator thats 12v + powered.

Thanks for the case grounding tip too.

This much I know:

No resister.

There is one "hot" wire. Ground one wire, high speed. Ground two wires, low speed. The case must be grounded in order for the park circuit to function.

It is a pretty robust unit, your not likely to smoke it figuring out the details.

Bill

Attachments

• IMG_20140908_155556 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20140908_155556 - Copy.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 31

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Your correct about the one hot, two ground speed control. Your proposed wiring sounds logical, but I'm an electronics moron. You can try it without fear of releasing the magic smoke. I tried all possible combinations and the unit survived. But I got some strange speeds.

Bill