• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Windshield to body seal?

Derek

Donation Time
In the slit in the seal, I used a bead of silicon as well in the slit. I live in very wet Oregon and use my car year round, no issues

Derek

alpine_64

Donation Time
Tony,

You are meant to use mastic tape under the deal (and a bit on top that helps to keep water out. Also there were originally rubber wedges un der the edges of the screen that set the angle correctly.. these crush over time or go missing. Sunbeam specialties sells adjustable nuts that go at the outer edge to set the correct screen angle. get a pair of these to make sure you get the correct screen angle, this allows you to get the right soft top and hardtop fit and also the 1/4 windows.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Pic

I have a problem with the 1/4 windows mount and the aft rake of the screen.
With everything else monkey rigged on the car by P.O., et al bet I have no such wedges and certainly do not have the Sunbeam Spec. adjustable nuts.

While they have a very nice e catalog their pic is a hand drawn pictograph.

Anyone have one of these gems installed ? please open your door and zoom in on it.

I am getting ready to loosen my screen and slide under a sliver of rubber gasket material from my old school plumbing supplies.

Since my car never sees rain I'm not concerned with and potential leaks.

Nice CB77 and CB160 I have two 160's Limey,

22 bucks for a nut with a adjustable collar seems a little much today.

Last edited:

oLD lIMEY

Donation Time
I have a problem with the 1/4 windows mount and the aft rake of the screen.
With everything else monkey rigged on the car by P.O., et al bet I have no such wedges and certainly do not have the Sunbeam Spec. adjustable nuts.

While they have a very nice e catalog their pic is a hand drawn pictograph.

Anyone have one of these gems installed ? please open your door and zoom in on it.

I am getting ready to loosen my screen and slide under a sliver of rubber gasket material from my old school plumbing supplies.

Since my car never sees rain I'm not concerned with and potential leaks.

Nice CB77 and CB160 I have two 160's Limey,

Thanks I like old bikes also. Yea the windshields are fun aren't they. Looks like I may have to take it off AGAIN. Arrrrr.

alpine_64

Donation Time

They are worth it and have been made specially to sort this problem on our cars. Everyone who uses them is very happy with the results, you can simply adjust the rake as required

oLD lIMEY

Donation Time
For windshield to body seal could I use Butyl tape? Mastic tape is hard to find, and on line they want an arm and a leg to ship. Thanks Tony

65beam

Donation Time
seal

if you have the rubber that goes between the body and the frame and you want to put a sealer between the rubber and the body just go to your local hardware store and buy rope caulking. you don't need a sealer between the frame and the rubber. we don't even use the caulking on our cars.

oLD lIMEY

Donation Time
if you have the rubber that goes between the body and the frame and you want to put a sealer between the rubber and the body just go to your local hardware store and buy rope caulking. you don't need a sealer between the frame and the rubber. we don't even use the caulking on our cars.

Thanks. Yes I have a new seal will check out the rope cauking.