• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Will this fit?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jeff,

long and the short of it.. you can make anything "fit".. but a SII bracket, arm and the trigger for canceling are quite different from the S3-V ones.

they are not a driect replacement.. nor would they be an easy replacement. If you are asking because of the one for sale on ebay.. might be worth informing the guy the S3 onwards stuff is quite different

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
If you have a SV turn signal mechanism but the nylon latching arm is broken, Sunbeam Specialties has a great Turn Signal Switch Repair kit for $15. P/N ES58. If you have no switch at all I'm sure you can find one that probably just needs this repair kit.

Tom

sarge1572

Donation Time
Tom and Michael,

Thank you for the information. Yes Michael, it was in regards to the one on ebay!!

Mine is broken, and all but the attachment band and the wires is missing, no handle, no internals, nothing.

This car is 99% complete, but needs a complete rebuild. It is my first effort at an English car and I've always liked the shape and appearance of the Alpine. I think I'm fortunate because the rest of the car appears to be whole and everything but one driving lamp and the grill are present. One small hole in the trunk floor and a small rust hole behind the passenger seat.

Thank you again for the information. You can bet you'll see more questions from me as soon as I get some $$ and start taking it apart.

Jeff

socorob

Donation Time
will the rebuild kit for an s5 work on an s2 sitch? are they very different electrically?

socorob

Donation Time
i have 2 assemblies, the rusted one works perfectly mechanically, and the no rusted one has that little cylinder with the wheel on top cracked, so it wont go right. And this rod that sticks toward the steering wheel is broken off, im guessing that was for the horn ring? Last night i had to take both into pieces and combine what i could just to get functional blinkers.