• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Where is the V6 related info?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Ian,

I have had several guys wanting to see all the V6, "How To", articles that were on the old board. Is it possible to access them somehow?

On another subject; I would like to see a tech tip sticky in the modified section, just for the V6 conversion, since the old tech section has been deleted. It would give the guys that are doing the conversion, acess to all the little tips that only apply to the conversion. I'm not wanting to discriminate against anyone, but I need to get all this info to the guys that need it.

Thanks for all your help with my requests.

Jose :)

AlpineII

Donation Time
I am just starting this conversion as well and am hungry for detailed information/instructions/photos. :confused:

britbeam

Donation Time
Hello Ian can you direct us to the V6 info or is it gone forever.Sure would be nice to access this info.
Dwain V6 Krazy

Gitsmart

Donation Time
With the kits close to being shipped out It would be nice to see the how to articles on the swap, they have to be somewhere on line, I remember seeing them a few years ago.:eek:

britbeam

Donation Time
With the kits close to being shipped out It would be nice to see the how to articles on the swap, they have to be somewhere on line, I remember seeing them a few years ago.:eek:

I dont know if there were ever any complete "How to articles" but there were bits of discussion in the forum and some pics were included. Your best How to is Jose. When you purchase the kit the bonus is Jose is your Tech Guy to the finish and even after. Your starting point for engine position is trans mount that comes in the kit. With engine /tranny positioned on the mount this gives position for the engine mounts.Headers installed on the engine also will give fore/aft and left /right position. After this it starts coming into perspective ect. This question has been asked several times but still not sure what happened to the info or maybe Im just not doing the proper search to find the info. With the number of kits getting ready to be delivered it would be nice to have the old info. I will be glad to input any info I can from my experience with the V6 installation.
Dwain V6 Krazy

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Ian almost NEVER checks the message board anymore, unless I send him a link. He's given full access for the website over to Andrew Masse, so hopefully Andrew can spend some time bringing back some of the old sections. We used to have a series of articles written by Jim Ellis on how to do the conversion.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
A few years ago someone in the club (I don't have his name handy, but don't think he is active any more) went through and copied every V6 thread on the forum, organized them by topic and posted them on his website. He also included what is probably the longest discussion ever on any of our forums, Jim E's "V6 Swap So Far" (I think that was the title). I was still a long way away from heading over to the Dark Side, but decided to print every page off of his site just in case I ever needed the information. I still have it.

I am just about to head to Dallas to pick up my new S3, but will scan the pages next week and see about getting the PDFs on the website. Its not the best way to get the info out there, but I'm happy to do it if there is nothing better available.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
This morning I emailed to Andrew a zip file full of articles sent to me by Jim Ellis. Should be up soon for all to enjoy.

I do what I can to promote V6 conversions......:rolleyes: