• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

When reinstalling the gearbox....

Steeman01

Donation Time
Quick question, when reinstalling the gearbox, is it best to install all bolts around the bell housing then left the prop/tail end and do the tranny mount(s) or to get the tranny mounted (via the mounts) and then do the bolts? Or is a moot point and it doesn't matter the order? Sorry, I couldn't find anything already written about that.... maybe I am over thinking it.... TIA!

SP

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'd do the bell bolts first as they are easier to reach in some spots with the trans on an incline. I usually
put the tail section on a floor jack so it is easy to put the mount on and allows the trans to be moved in
and out to get all the bolts in. Gives you some wiggle room.