• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wheel Studs

DaisyPusher

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hello, everyone. As I was removing my front left wheel one of the studs snapped. I've been looking for a replacement but am having an absolute hell of a time and the build sheet that I got with the car does not specify what kind of car the hubs came from. I found some nearly identical replacements but the spline pattern is slightly off. I've searched the part number on the side of it with no success. Is there a standard wheel hub that people use by any chance? Mine is a 4-lug pattern with VTO wheels. Any information would be greatly appreciated as she's my daily driver and she's stuck in the garage until I can get this squared away.

Thank you, Matt

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
What size is the nut? The stud gets pressed in so the spline pattern does not need to be the same, just the dia. I would start with the hole dia. and nut size. Then go to Dorman and find the one you need. My guess is you have stock Sunbeam hubs that have been re-drilled.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
SOCOROB bought the S-II with a V6 conversion from a previous owner. He made some changes, but I think the front suspension remained basically stock.

Sunbeam Specialties (rootes.com) lists "LUG BOLT, STOCK" under part number R1214407 on page 11 of the online catalog for $4.90 each.

DaisyPusher

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thank you for your help, gentlemen. After not being able to find exact replacements I had to grind down new ones and hammer them in by hand since I don't own a press. I'm sure my neighbors loved the sound of hammering for 2 straight hours. That being said, I loosened but did not remove the steering arm during the procedure and now it appears that my front left wheel is just a little bit off (or my eyes are playing tricks on me.) I've looked through all the literature I own and cannot find the front end alignment specs and the shop I called doesn't list Sunbeams in their system so I was asked to provide them. I read that stock specs work fine for a V6 so would anyone be gracious enough to share those numbers with me? Any info or modified numbers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Matt

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I think it is a trick, installing studs should not change the alignment even with a hammer.

DaisyPusher

Diamond Level Sponsor
I think it is a trick, installing studs should not change the alignment even with a hammer.
That's what I was thinking, especially since I removed the hub to do it. My issue is i loosened the steering arm but didn't remove it, which in my experience shouldn't alter the alignment. I think i just didn't look at the wheels prior and now it just looks weird. Just like when someone takes their car in. They don't really look closely until they get it back.