• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wheel size selection

Hodee

Donation Time
Considering 15X6 front and 15X7 rear wheels on stock Ser V 67 Alpine. Can anyone give pros/cons of this setup? They will be 24 offset 8 spoke minilight replicas.Would 15X6 all around be better? I know rotating tires etc is good for tire life but I want a better look over simplicity. front valance is already trimmed and inner rear lip is removed as well. any advantage to 14's? Thanks

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I have 14x7 Panasports. I like the look, but there is not a big choice for 14 tires anymore. 15 years ago when I put them on, I could get any tire I wanted. Something to think about.
bmw11772IMGP5865-L.jpg

Hodee

Donation Time
Love your car and wheels too. Buying the same wheels but probably 15's for the sake of mutiple tire choices/sizes.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
15s will work but you will have to use low profile tires like 205s and make sure you have room in the front, if they hit the valance you my have to adjust the metal a little.:cool:

bashby

Donation Time
I have 15's on my SV, Minilite 15x6's 4-5/8" Backspace, started with 195/55-15's all the way around and now have 195/50's on the front and 205/50's on the rear. Dunlop Start Spec Z1 and ZII.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I have 15's on my SV, Minilite 15x6's 4-5/8" Backspace, started with 195/55-15's all the way around and now have 195/50's on the front and 205/50's on the rear. Dunlop Start Spec Z1 and ZII.

I would love to see a picture or two of your car.

Hodee

Donation Time
15x7

Will 15X7 with a +30 offset work? What about +15? Will one work in the front and the other in rear?

bashby

Donation Time
I am fairly certain that 15x7 +30 offset will not fit on the front (the rim will hit the upper ball joint). With 15x6 and +28 offset (4-5/8" BS) I miss the ball joint by 1/4". A +30 offset equates to 5.18" backspace (on a 7" rim). On the rear it would depend on the width of the rear axle, but I believe that a +30 offset would bring the tires either rubbing or very close to rubbing the leaf springs. My rear axle is a Ford 8" with a custom width and custom rear suspension.
I believe that a 15x7 wheel with a +15 offset (~4.59" BS) would work on the front and rear.
Here is calculator you can use (I accept no responsibility for its use...)
http://www.metrocast.net/~sbeau1/backspacing_calculator.html
-Bill

Last edited: