• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What the.......

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Looks like a full scale interpretation of the customized version of the AMT model kit. The Jag seats sounds interesting though. Too bad no pics of the interior.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Someone should shoot that poor thing and put it out of its humiliating misery.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
No full frontal photos this time around? The modified nose is really something to behold - or just hold your own nose.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
There's nothing wrong with that car that turning the tap on the propane tank and a match won't cure...

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
The last time around, I was contacted by a fellow that wanted to know if it was a good deal. Since it had a V6 in it, he wanted to buy it, because he wanted a V6 Alpine. He was really excited about wanting it and the prospect of owning a V6 Alpine. I gave him my opinion, but I think he was offended by some of the comments on this board at that time and my answer, because he never wrote back. I guess he went ahead and bought it anyway and has now repented.

I think we should not ask someone´s opinion, if we are going to get offended if the opinion isn´t what we want to hear.

Jose

Armand4

Donation Time
Ah yes... a few days ago, someone sent a link to this car (then on Craigslist) out to the California Melee internet mailing list. I told fellow Melee-ists that most Sunbeam enthusiasts are open-minded about engine swaps (although I'm definitely not a fan of the automatic transmission) I doubted any of us could warm up to that front end.

There are some things one just shouldn't do to a lovely little car like an Alpine. Even one of those finless ones. ;)

64beam

Donation Time
Someone should shoot that poor thing and put it out of its humiliating misery.

Hi Kevin,

I don't think it needs a match as it is an explosion waiting to happens :( . Just turn the key and stand well back. I know where I would use the bullet.