• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What do we know about James Bond's Alpine?

napa 1

Donation Time
Was the color code 52, Lake blue with lake blue seats and lake blue carpeting, or 53 Wedgewood blue with black interior?
I have a small model of the car done in Lake blue with blue interior which is supposed to be accurate. I've seen lake blue in person, its a gorgeous color. Only available on series II?
License plate # was z 8301 or az 8301?

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Back on our old, old, old forum board, Ian mentioned that someone was making progress in locating it. Ian might remember more about it
Jan

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
It was Lake Blue with the matching Lake Blue interior. The production company rented the car from a local school teacher. Years ago there was rumor that someone had found the car, still on Jamaica, but there was never any proof, and the trail's gone cold.

I suggested to the PBS History Detectives that they should try and track down that car, in light of their recent show on the supposed Grace Kelly Alpine, and while they liked the idea, it probably went on their list of 400 or so other great ideas for shows.

Tullamore

Donation Time
I suggested to the PBS History Detectives that they should try and track down that car, in light of their recent show on the supposed Grace Kelly Alpine, and while they liked the idea, it probably went on their list of 400 or so other great ideas for shows.

So maybe we could fast track it through if you could tell us who we need to contact! The would probably like to have someone with a Lake Blue code Alpine on the show to start off the search.

napa 1

Donation Time
The would probably like to have someone with a Lake Blue code Alpine on the show to start off the search.

I think you're right. I'm sure they would be more interested if someone who thought they had the actual Alpine in question, called them to find out if it really was James Bond's Alpine.

I just aquired a Lake Blue series II to restore. My goal is to make it into, as close as possible, an exact replica of the Bond Alpine.

napa 1

Donation Time
Oh, I don't know about that...mine's got the oil slick gadget, and I don't even have to push a button to get the car to leave oil behind.:D