• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

what alpine is this trans for?

delta5

Donation Time
hi everyone,
have a trans that i got with a pile of parts...not sure what series its for..somone thought it was for a 69 alpine or rapier, another said read the serial number, but it appears that the last number is very hard to read..anyone have any ideas...see attached photos
david

Attachments

• trans 023.jpg
    trans 023.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 44
  • trans 018.jpg
    trans 018.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 51
  • trans 019.jpg
    trans 019.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 36

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
The date looks like Jan 5 1963. I believe they were still making SII's at that point. That would be my guess anyway.

Mike

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I believe like Mike that it is a '63 ... Compare the first with the last "3" and you will see the similar design of the numbers......

delta5

Donation Time
mike and dan ,
thanks for the reply...yeah i agree the number and font style look like the 3 below it..so its a late series2 manf. in 1963
thanks,david

65beam

Donation Time
transmission

it is not a fine spline so it is not out of a fastback. if reverse is to the right it's a full syncro, to the left ,it's non syncro.