• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wet Passenger Floor Issue

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
I drove the car recently and the next day found a big puddle on the passenger side just behind the tire and below the ALPINE script. I looked under the car and the puddle started at the edge of the floor pan. Nothing under the trans and nothing under the engine.

I checked the radiator and it was low on coolant. That's twice now I've had this issue and the first time I went full bore, recorded the Rad, checked for a blown gasket, the whole nine. Recored Rad, etc. and no heat issues. The car will reach 190 degrees while I'm driving and stays there.

For the heck of it, I checked the passenger floor and it's very damp and dripping from under the blower assembly, not much, but it's there. Driving the car, I haven't seen or noticed any of this, so I'm concerned. Anyone else have this issue, and what did you do about it?

Thanks in advance!

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Sounds as if your heater core is leaking. Pretty common. You can access it from the top by unscrewing the locking mechanism pan. A good radiator shop can fix it...

alpine_64

Donation Time
Yup.. Heater core split or heater hoses. There should be a drain trough to durect water out..but likely to much.. Or its missing.

If you have been running a higher psi radiator cap the core might be buldged on the sides and can be tricky to get out.

New cores rated to higher psi are available from UK