• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Well?

wipeout

Donation Time
It's been a year or close near...

Those of you that argued the attributes of this new Pres and the hopes and changes you voted for, the new clarity of government, the great change, the wonder of wonders, where are you now? Please, tell me how greatful you are that you voted out Bush (who couldn't run anyway) and got the "new" politician, how do you feel?

Did he meet your expectations? Is the economy fixed? Are you better off? How's he doing?

We told you. We pleaded with you. Now we suffer from your insufferable arrogance and eliteist snobbery.

As it stands now....you and everyone you know now owes $345,750 in taxes. In just two years (the time the dems : you know the party of the people: have been in control) it grew from the Bush era $14,500 per indiviual.

Going just the way you hoped? Is his clarity and openess impressing you? Those promices of a "new" admin that had open discussions and open debate over issues like health care.

The words I'd like to use to discribe the next set of feelings would go down in the record books as the most poetic string of explitives ever spoken. The mess that is metered out by the ignorance of people like you makes me mad with revenge. It's not enough to yell " I told you so " .... no... and now we have these a-holes up there (both sides of the isle) feeding their narsassitic urges. (sorry for the spelling).

I've decided to run for the local school board. My 14 year old daughter told me today that her teacher said " it would be her wish that anyone become a communist before considering a conservative viewpoint ". This, just two weeks after the art teacher asked them to paint four posters showing Social Justice as it's theme.

I'm tired of it. I'm tired of it all. I have to do something about it. Damn my past. Damn the future issues.

Pinellas County needs a bit of fixin.

(I just hope that I can find someone that knows how to spell and put a sentence together).

:eek:

wipeout

Donation Time
Given a choice between what we have now and Bush..sure...I'd vote that way too. But putting that semi-progressive back in wouldn't fix anything.

What we need are "real" people. People whose hands are dirty from persueing their dreams. Hard workers that cherish the oppurtunity that liberty and freedom give them. Not these fat cat lawyers and university brats that never ran a business, nor understood the private sector.

We need revolutionary thinking. Not the Raviera, Mao, Marxist revolution. The philosophy of the Revolutionary War. The creeds and dictates of the Founding Fathers. We need people who will pledge their lives to fixing this mess we all allowed to happen. The machine in DC is evil. It's alive and devours all the good intentions of freshly elected men and women. It ensnares them into a system that demotes their voice if they don't go along with the machines need to feed.

It sells them on the bill of goods that they need to start thinking about re-election the moment they go up there. The road to hell is paved with their good intentions and that pavement is very thick and very wide. The freshmen are split up and set to various committees that make them feel as if it's all getting done and change is happening. But the old guard knows how to protect their power. What was once done in secret is now out in the open.

Pelosi, Reed and Dodd are the figure heads, but the support team behind them and the puppet masters feel no fear any longer. They openly scoff at the polls they once used as criteria for change. They openly demean the role that the Constitution should play in the separation of powers. They do as they wish for they fear no one.

They should fear us but they don't. The system they wanted to put into place is here and they are basking in the pride and joy to know that they were the ones to finally accomplish it. The economy is wrecked so the people look to the government to meet the needs. Power grows. Government grows, (just this last year, in this economical climate, it has grown 18%, while the private sector shrinks). Just as planned.

Now, with the upcoming elections, will the people remember? Will we see through the disguise and deception of those men and women who did not retire but are looking for re-election? This next year and even now, these wolves in sheeps clothing are putting on the "new" face. The one that panders to our outrage. Charlie Christ in Florida started it two months back. That liberal clothed in Republican garb has hastened his rhetoric towards the right center again. He embraced Obama's stimulus because of the pay-off the state was getting. His answer to why? " Because I wanted us to get a piece of the pie." How nice that you Nebraskans paid for under ground tunnel. (That tunnel was really needed. Yeah, those turtles kept crawling out on the street and getting squished. So they made a tunnel for them to use. Funny thing though. Turtles don't seem to understand what it's intended to do. They keep getting squished.) Now Christ says he'd not vote for it if he was a Senator. These snake oil salesmen have to go.

I'm in a quandry over my expectations for the coming years. I know that the American people are slow to react and quick to forgive. I think that we all hope for the best and live as if it will all be alright. I talk to the neighbors and business men and I see the fire in their eyes. I see the determination that they will do all they can to fix this mess. I do, on the other hand, talk to those in my poorer sections of town, (I build HUD housing as a sub), and I see the same old "hands out" mentality that tickles the fancy of polititians that need a captive audience.

So I don't know if we all can stay mad enough to counteract the typical falling away of the less informed and the shouts from those that want to be taken care of. I guess I'll just call my position, guarded optimism with a twist of synasium (sp) thrown in.

:p