• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Weber Tuning Question

serIIalpine

Donation Time
I'm running a set of DCOE 40s and my #2 plug keeps fouling (Black Soot). The bulk of the time I am driving I have the pedal depressed less than an inch and I'm doing 70 mph. What jet should I be getting my gas from at this point. I think I might have a faulty jet so I was thinking I would swap out the appropriate jet and see if it make any difference.

Thanks

Eric

'62 SerII

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I'm running a set of DCOE 40s and my #2 plug keeps fouling (Black Soot). The bulk of the time I am driving I have the pedal depressed less than an inch and I'm doing 70 mph. What jet should I be getting my gas from at this point. I think I might have a faulty jet so I was thinking I would swap out the appropriate jet and see if it make any difference.

Thanks

Eric

'62 SerII

You would be running partially off the pilot/idle jets, and partially off the mains.

Places to look for troubles would be:
Loose pilot, loose mains/emulsion tubes/air bleed.

Also sooty plugs are not always an indicator for an over rich mixture, it can also be excessive oil consumption on that cyl, which could be rings or worn valve guides.