• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Weber question

Jeb Stuart

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hopefully correct forum. Motor is stock. I’ve asked this before. Anyone running a 38 outlaw carb? I like my 32/36 but find myself nailing it constantly to get the second barrel (which doesn’t open until the very end). Tried sync-link. Never got the 38, I bought on eBay years ago, to idle right. However just rebuilt the head and had the shop match up the intake (from a S4) to the head. They Checked the 38 for wear and leaks - it’s fine. Put the 32/36 on and she runs great. So, just to screw things up I bought a kit and new jets and rebuilt the 38. Will try the stock jets I know have not been messed with.
I know she’ll never be fast I just want a little extra umph. I like driving her fast. It’s fun. A side note - I live in-town and have a z06, which is very fast, but which I can’t drive fast, except at a track day or autocross, w/o risking an expensive ticket. So the Alpine is actually the fast car and the vette to cruise car.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I replaced my 32/36 with a Weber 38 DGES on my SV and am very happy with it. I still have a slight stumble off idle, but otherwise it works very well. However, my engine has Chevy rods, +60 pistons, lightened flywheel and a modified head, so I don't know how my experience would translate to a stock engine.