• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Weather strip

Phile 46

Donation Time
i am putting weather strip around the door frame, am wondering does it butt put to the aluminum threshold, or does it go from window frame all the way to other end at the chrome key post plate?

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
The weatherstrip goes in the channel that rubs under the door bottom and up
the inside of the door to where the door handle screws to the door. Not a fun job
but take your time and use either small screwdrivers or a plastic trim tool and you
might need some adhesive to make it stay there.

There is a piping that runs on the body that goes under the aluminum threshold plates.
Good luck!
Steve

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
OK, that's a style of weatherstripping that I've see and used before. It runs down from the top of the
windshield on a Series 3 to a Series V to the end of the rocker where the aluminum tread plates start.
There should piece of piping with no weatherstripping that runs under the tread plates. There would be
another piece of the piping with the rubber that seals the rear of the door frame that runs from the chrome
plate (that covers the top frame mount) and runs to the bottom where the rear of the door closes. ( where the triangle
plates attach)
If you look at
the body of the car, you will see the pinch weld where the sills and fenders are welded to the body. That's
where the weatherstripping attaches. I'll take a picture of my car tomorrow and post it so you can see
where this weatherstripping goes.

Sorry this went on a little longer than I expected, it's hard to explain, but easy once you see it!
Cheers!
Steve

65beam

Donation Time
The furflex that clips over the flange and under the lip of the aluminum door sill plate has no rubber on it. Sealing of the door is done by the rubber that sets in the channel welded to the bottom and back of the door. The furflex starts at the front where the door sill plate starts and ends at the back of the plate on series 3 thru 5 unless it's a series 1 or 2. The furflex on them continued up the body to the B post cap. The first photo is of a series 2 with the furflex to the top of the door and the second photo shows the rubber part # ET76 rear door post seal for series 3 thru 5 Alpines110_0262.JPG that is sold by Sunbeam Specialties. The series 2 was not finished when this photo was taken. The door sill plates are not installed

Attachments

• 107_0568.JPG
    107_0568.JPG
    526.5 KB · Views: 16