• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Way Kool "ROOTES MOTORS LTD "Tool Bag

65beam

Donation Time
tool bag

the tools were not made by rootes. they were made by vendors that made tools for all of the auto companies. what kind of rootes car was the tool roll in? it's not an alpine or tiger.

65beam

Donation Time
kool

other than the plug socket and handle everything else appears to be alpine and tiger. the hub cap tool is the same as series 5 alpines and most tigers. zooming in to 400% I can't read anything but rootes motors. the cars built from 1968 on did not have tools so maybe this roll is from a 50's era rootes car. it looks to be canvas or some kind of heavy cloth. did rapiers have a roll like the one used in early alpines?

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
SUPERSLIK / SUPERSLIM

I have never seen that logo on a Rootes tool. But then I have never seen a lot of Rootes tools.

Last edited:

SumBeans

Donation Time
The camera will not focus on the small letters, but it says:

SUNBEAM TALBOT LTD, COVENTRY,
LONDON SHOWROOMS AND EXPORT DIV,
ROOTES MOTORS LTD, DEVONSHIRE HOUSE,
PICCADILLY, LONDON, W1.

The Quality of this green cloth tool roll is obviously of higher quality than the the vinyl samples produced for the Alpine and Tiger.

Likely one of their higher end lines,, maybe Humber?

Nope, the screwdriver is not alpine or Tiger as it is made with an onblong, more ergonomic grip. It is not spun round like the A and T .

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
The screwdriver looks correct to me. It looks the same as the screwdriver in the SAOCA tool kit archive article and looks like the one I have.

Mike

SumBeans

Donation Time
Yes " LOOKS " correct.
My statement was in regards to how it is shaped , physically manufactured and held in one's hands.. Quality.
The higher quality fabric roll leads me to believe it was supplied before Chrysler had involvement with the company.
Any idea where the tool kit article achieve is these days?