• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Water Temp Sending Unit for SV with V6 Cologne

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Any body know of a sending unit that is being utilized with the Ofy 4 bbl intake that is compatibly with the SV stock temperture gauge?

Looking for one that is: 1/8-27 threads and 25c 650 ohm 100c 43 ohm.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
OK Guys....

Anybody using a Sender to match the stock SV Alpine Temp Gauge?

DanR

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Good point RootesRacer.... I am only trying to utilize the 1/8 hole OFY has for the sending unit.... Before going with the stock if at all possible.

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
Water Temp Sending Unitfor SV

Dan,
I do not have an Offy intake, but I did what RootesRacer suggested. Drilled & tapped a spot to use the Alpine temp sender. This logic can also be applied to the Alternator, etc. The rest of the car does not need to know you swapped the engine!

TR

RootesRacer

Donation Time
There are other options that dont involve permanently modifying the offy intake.

There should be some ports on the thermo housing that were used for emissions vacuum switches, if you dont mind that the sender is on the wrong side of the thermostat, you can adapt to a part that is far more available.
There may be options to put the sensor below the thermostat but its been a while since I've played with a 2.8.

I have put coolant temp sensors in heater hoses before but in this case, you have to bypass the heater core unless you leave the heater valve open all the time.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Todd for your comments! ROotes just followed with more and perhaps hit on one thing I should have said from the beginning.

I am not utilizing the stock water neck that has a bunch of holes/fittings. I am using the Ofy water neck because of the simplistic look and only one connection. The Ofy has a place for the Sender located right below were the water neck fastens. So I am restricted to only one place for the sender. Unless I drill and tap the water neck on the side.

I do not run a stock heater core. I have a Vintage Air Unit with the Heater and A/c options.

And as Rootes says to "adapt to a part that is far more available". That might be one option I will have other than changing the gauges, but, not yet....

Thanks Guys,

DanR

Last edited:

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Any body know of a sending unit that is being utilized with the Ofy 4 bbl intake that is compatibly with the SV stock temperture gauge?

Looking for one that is: 1/8-27 threads and 25c 650 ohm 100c 43 ohm.
Dan did you find a sending unit?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes PAul I did get a sender that works for the Ofy to the Stock Alpine guage. I will have to look up what the specs are for what I have. Think it in in my PDF. Mike Hartmann was very helpful in testing a few senders for the V6.

BeamTom

Donation Time
Hey Dan, I would be interested in which sending unit part number worked for you. I just picked one up at Autozone that fits ok but it pegs out after running for a short time.