• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wanted: Series II body

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Wanted: Series II body, as straight and rust-free as possible. Will pay good money for a solid body complete with doors, hood, and trunk. PM me or email me at schristie at unioncentral dot com.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Scott, I think i know were there is a nice SII body here in NC I will have to call my friend and see if he still owns it, it was a project for his father but he is ill and my friend had to move to Colorado, but the car is here in NC. I will get intouch with you soon. George Coleman

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Series II body found!

Thank you George, and my thanks to others who sent me PM's about possibilities.

However, the mission was quickly accomplished, thanks to John Prittie and Bill Atalla. I bought Bill's superbly restored Series II body with hardtop, and it will be shipped from California to Ohio here in the next month or so.

The 1961 Sebring Alpine tribute project is now under way!

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
And for that added touch of authenticity we can get Donna and Jim to run into it with their Corvette....

Nice try Mike, but that happened during the 1962 race at Sebring, when Peter Harper was sideswiped by Don Yenko in a Corvette! :)

napa 1

Donation Time
Thank you George, and my thanks to others who sent me PM's about possibilities.

However, the mission was quickly accomplished, thanks to John Prittie and Bill Atalla. I bought Bill's superbly restored Series II body with hardtop, and it will be shipped from California to Ohio here in the next month or so.

The 1961 Sebring Alpine tribute project is now under way!

With the Le Mans project fully underway, I realized I wan't going to get to this excellent Series II body for a loooong time... Hate to see it go, but very, very glad to see it go to Scott. We'll look forward to following along with your project.

D

Dr.NO 007

Hello SCOTT
re: The 1961 Sebring Alpine tribute ...? please could you add a few details to the event in history that inspired you to pay tribute to it with a Alpine Series II. I am interested in all things Series II
thanks
Chuck

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Here's a thread to catch you up:

http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6789

I've always been intrigued by Sunbeam's first major foray into the U.S. racing scene, which they did with three Series II Alpines, at least two of which were factory prepared. These were very basic cars, with not even a roll cage installed, and so would make an easy tribute project. Unfortunately they completely blew the race in the pits, averaging over 9 minutes per pit stop compared to everyone else's average of below 3 minutes. They were better prepared when they came back in 1962.

Most of Sunbeam's worldwide race and rally success was with the Series II.

Hello SCOTT
re: The 1961 Sebring Alpine tribute ...? please could you add a few details to the event in history that inspired you to pay tribute to it with a Alpine Series II. I am interested in all things Series II
thanks
Chuck