• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wanted : Pr. convertible bow latches in very good condition

boss-tiger

Silver Level Sponsor
Hoping to find a pr. of convertible latches in very good condtion. Have seen the repo's and hoping to find a good original pr if possible. Also, anyone out there able to restore original clamps - take apart, have chromed then put back together. FYI, I could not get the pin to punch out so gave up.

fireroad

Donation Time
I can take a look tomorrow but I should have at least one extra set that could be rechromed. Most playing shops should be able to do a good job without dissembling the latch.

boss-tiger

Silver Level Sponsor
FYI, I am hoping to find something that does not need chrome - my chrome shop is 6-9 months backlog and also I must take apart (then put back together which I am hoping not to do - have .. WAY .. to many project concurrently on this resto)

fireroad

Donation Time
Thanks, FYI my (and only) chrome shop in Colorado says they must come apart to be chromed.
I had my original set and a spare set done by Electroplating of El Paso and they both sets turned out great without disassembly. I live half way across the country these days but still ship to them.

boss-tiger

Silver Level Sponsor
Well, I will look them up and get a pr boxed/shipped their way. Assuming you like the plating results - thanks for the info

boss-tiger

Silver Level Sponsor
I have seen the reproduction clamps but have not used? Anyone have experience/feedback re. the new reproduction convertible/hardtop header clamps?

BEpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
I bought a pair but have not installed yet. They look just like the original clamps

fireroad

Donation Time
Well, I will look them up and get a pr boxed/shipped their way. Assuming you like the plating results - thanks for the info
I was very happy with all the work they did. My father was restoring and xk150 and they did an amazing job on the grill. I got a kick out of their shop because the front office had every wall covered with Lowrider Magazine cover photos of cars they did the chrome for. They had no idea what an Alpine was but treated us well just the same.