• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

WANTED: Late Hardtop Shell or Complete

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Looking to buy or trade parts for late hardtop shell, partial or complete top, but she'll need to be rust free or close to rust free.

Parts I have to trade, in whole or part, +/- cash, or additional parts to be negotiated:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Complete front suspension (Series V)
* Complete rear differential (Seires V)
* Wood Steering Wheel (GT or Tiger)
* Alpine Steering Wheel
* Quarter Panels, sheet metal, early trunk lid
* Factory Jack, lug wrench, clips for all
* Rear vallence, front valence
* Original rust free Factory Rocker Panels (outer, removed from Series V)
* Original rust free Factory Rocker Panels (inner)
* Original factory rust free doglegs
* Rare Sparto reverse lights
* Alpine Tool Kit
* Tail Light (late inside)
* Late windshield SS trim full set
* NOS wheel trim rings and hubcaps
* Steel wheels
This is just a list off the top of my head, Too many other small parts to list. Please inquire if you have a top to trade.

Last edited:

Laxboy1

Donation Time
hard top

I have two tops, one fiberglass and one aluminum, neither has rear window and as I am a new Sunbeam owner and don't know much about them these tops came with a series II I bought. Do not know if they even fit my car. I am looking for a Series II oil pump drive gear (12 tooth approximately 7.4cm. long). Perhaps you can give me some insite into the tops and help me with my part needs?

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
The late tops are all steel. Your aluminum top will only fit the Series I and II cars. The design of doors, wing windows and angle of windshield changed starting with the Series III. Your fiberglass top is an aftermarket top. If it fits a later car, someone may be interested, but I'm looking for a factory top.

I sold my last oil pump a month or so ago, so I can't help you, but it should be an easy find. Lots of motors out there with no home. Contact Jan (jumping Jan) on this list for that part. He is the authority on rebuilding these tractor motors. I know he has a lot of extra parts.

Paul

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have two tops, one fiberglass and one aluminum, neither has rear window and as I am a new Sunbeam owner and don't know much about them these tops came with a series II I bought. Do not know if they even fit my car. I am looking for a Series II oil pump drive gear (12 tooth approximately 7.4cm. long). Perhaps you can give me some insite into the tops and help me with my part needs?

It is very easy to determine if you have early or late tops. The side windows on early cars cars have a nice continuous curve to them. The late ones are square with rounded corners.

Here is the side window cutout for a late model fiberglass top.

Bill

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks, any ideas where I might find the oil pump gear?

No, I must admit I know little about the Alpine engines as I've reengined my car with Ford engines. I do have an oil pump that came in a box of parts. It has 11 teeth. Don't even know if it is a Rootes part!

Bill

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
I have a factory hardtop listed presently on eBay. Tomo. 562/714-2986

I see that the location of the top is in Texas? .. Yet your location is in So Cal? ..What is your reserve on the top? .... What are the rust/rot issues? ... it looks to be complete?

.... David

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have a factory hardtop listed presently on eBay. Tomo. 562/714-2986

If it is (or was) the red one attached to a car, listed way to high. Probubly why why no action. It takes about $3000 to restore a top properly and they don't really add any value to a car. But they are kind of cool. So cores are not worth that much IMHO.