• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wanted '77 F10 brake master cylinder

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
I've been watching ebay for over 6 months, checked most auto parts stores, and was able to order on Amazon. After a month Amazon can't find one either.
Anyone have an old mc or know of another brand/pn other than Cardone 11-1840?

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
I'm in the same boat. The only update that occurs on my order in Summit Racing is that the expected ship date keeps getting pushed out further. I think cores must be getting scarce.

Appreciate the link Dan. From what I can tell various folks list parts, but when you look at availability they don't have any.

I called a Nissan wrecking yard today and he did nationwide search of auto salvage yards and didn't find one. I'm sure there are some out there somewhere, but probably in some mom and pop junkyards that don't have computerized inventory.

I'm looking into other alternatives.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I got mine at autozone. They had them in stock and I had it in a few days
Cheers!
Steve

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rock Auto says the F10 MC is used on some VW Golf's. Was not able to determine exactly which model, but the Raybestos number is MC39006. I Googled that part number and found a couple of sites that claimed to have them in stock.

Bill

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Item DescriptionAvailabilityPrice
Quick View
Cardone Master Cylinder - Remanufactured
Be the first to review

Part No. 11-1840 Warranty Details
Exact Fit for your 1977 Nissan F10

Ship to Home
$45.79
QTY

Advance Auto Parts

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
Advance, Autozone, and NAPA show them listed. When trying to buy them, they all say that none of our stores anywhere have them and can't be got.

SDuncan

Donation Time
I think I have a couple, one with reservoirs and one without. I can check when I get home tonight to know for sure.

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
I think I have a couple, one with reservoirs and one without. I can check when I get home tonight to know for sure.

If you are willing to part with the one without reservoirs (I bought those already), please let me know how much $ you'd like and we'll see if we can make a deal.

Thanks for the other links guys. As KnightOwl61 says, when you go to place your order (or after you do) it gives the bad news.

Bill Blue, thanks for the tip on the Raybestos part. The prices I saw for it were 2x-3x the F10 prices but perhaps new versus remanufactured? If I can't get one of the others I may go that route. Rockauto $133, Dave's Discount $117. The F-10 I ordered from Summit was $27, but elsewhere I see them for $40-45.

SunAlp, I do see on Autozone (and thought I'd checked there before ) the following: Fenco Reman/Master Cylinder (Brake System) Part# M51840. It's $40 + $15 for core

Thanks to all,

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
What's the interchangeable with the '77.

I have a friend that is parting out a 82-83 Datsun pickup.

Could It be used in lieu of....?

P.S. My Parts Man says the fit is for the '1976 thru '78.

Last edited:

SDuncan

Donation Time
I found the one with the reservoirs. I know I have another one yet, in a box, I just haven't found the right box yet. I will post when I have found it.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
What's the interchangeable with the '77.

I have a friend that is parting out a 82-83 Datsun pickup.

Could It be used in lieu of....?

Yes and no, probably more "No".

The "Yes" part: The outlets are on the left side of the MC. Some have them on the bottom - will not work, hit the steering column. Ones with the outlets on the right side can usually be made to work, but you will have clearance problems. Been there, done that with a Geo Metro MC and the Pinto 2.0.

Now for the "No" part. The pickup unit is 7/8" bore, not 3/4". The mounting bolt holes are oriented horizontally, not vertically. That means is you will need to make a simple adapter. No big deal, I've made two of them. But that still leaves you with a hard brake pedal.

Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Bill!

Since I asked, I have had a look at the '82 Nission/Datsun P/U and agree with what you said.

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
Hey guys, I went by Autozone today and though they show a remanufactured MC in their system, again no dice when it comes to availability. Hopefully Scott's inventory will pull through :D

SDuncan

Donation Time
My apologies for the slow response. I am working nights this weekend, so literally working 12+hrs, go home to sleep for a few hours and do it all over again.

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
My apologies for the slow response. I am working nights this weekend, so literally working 12+hrs, go home to sleep for a few hours and do it all over again.

You're going plenty fast enough for me buddy. I have plenty of other work to do on the car. :D

SDuncan

Donation Time
Well, so far I am only able to find the MC with the reservoirs. The eternal blackhole in my garage seems to have consumed the other one.:mad:

Mr. Knightowl had expressed interest in that one first, so he has first dibs. If not, Bill Mohr is next up. I'd like $60 for it and I will send it by mail. Paypal is fine, just send me a PM for the address.

When I find the other one, I will post up on here to let people know.

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
Hey everybody,

Shortly after I bought Scott's spare, a long shot came through too. Turns out that you can get them from O'Reilly BUT you have to order online. I called my local O'Reilly at one point and they told me they couldn't get them at all. On a wild hair, I tried ordering online and lo and behold it worked. I ordered some shocks at the same time because the price was reasonable and that made the shipping free.

Good luck!

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hey everybody,

Shortly after I bought Scott's spare, a long shot came through too. Turns out that you can get them from O'Reilly BUT you have to order online. I called my local O'Reilly at one point and they told me they couldn't get them at all. On a wild hair, I tried ordering online and lo and behold it worked. I ordered some shocks at the same time because the price was reasonable and that made the shipping free.

Good luck!

Hi Bill. I see it can be ordered but did you actually receive it? Thanks

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
Yep! I kept expecting to get some kind of a back-ordered email but instead I got the actual part. Of course I'll also have the one Scott sent which will be useful since eventually I'll need it when I work on my green SIV. (Need to name them or something). I got the Tilton reservoirs, caps -- and all important 'O' rings -- separately. I think that was from RockAuto or Speedway. I can check the box if that helps. Now there will be nothing to stop me from stopping...