• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Vista

dmich2

Donation Time
I just ordered my copy of the Vista operating system, and I'm scared...:eek: I hear it's crap. I'm really pleased with my XP. Anyone experienced the new Vista and can pass on any good/bad stories?

Dennis

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Don't have experience with it yet ! But if you like X P why change until they stop supporting it ? Which will happen sooner or later. Our "I T" guy says Vista's still too new...........
OR, go ahead and use it and let us know how it works:D

Tom J

Nickodell

Donation Time
Ther was a report in the paper yesterday that Vista has experienced conflicts with several already-installed softwares, particularly photo-editing. A pal of mone who is knowledgeable in these things says that any program with Nero in its software will screw up Vista, or vice versa. I just got a new Desktop with a free Vista upgrade to download from the internet site, but I'm holding off until they get their act together.

skywords

Donation Time
I just ordered a new computer with XP. I am currently using 98. I would keep 98 if they supported it.

AndyMac

Donation Time
Like all new Operating Systems, it's not completely compatable with older computer hardware:mad: It's not wise to install vista on older (2 years) hardware.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
I agree with Nick on XP, It's been pretty compatible with the way I compute:) Never had any real problems in the 4-5 years we've used it.

Tom J

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Forum,

It does'nt matter which windows operating system you choose, they all had their teething problems. Look at windows 98, they have only really stopped supporting it after nearly ten years. Apple have been giving it really hard time on adverts down-under. I think I will wait until I upgrade my computer before moving on to Vista though.

Regards, Robin.