• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Vicki Visit

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
I really went to see my folks for Thanksgiving. Since the weather cooperated in East Texas I got to uncover and take the hard top off, shock her to life. Good news the rubber pads have done no damage to the paint under the pads, but something has sure messed up my beauty rings on the wheels. Dad pointed out that the wire from the starter solenoid to the starter had touched the manifold and was damaged. Drove around for about 45 minutes and knowing she did not start up easy pulled Vicki back up to Dad's shop. Turned her off and yep she's not going to start again. Dad gets out all his electrical meters, battery is good, power to the starter solenoid, loss voltage on bad wire to starter. Instead of replacing Dad cuts off bad end then solderers on a new end fitting. Replace on Vicki just long enough to reach and she starts right up, so I hope we fixed it! Only other bad part would be the rebuilt starter that has worked great since restoration. Neighbors showed up as I was putting the wire back on, the comment was I bet growing up with Mr. Fix it rubs off? "Yes it does and it is not a bad thing even if I am female." I sure miss my Vicki but 2nd garage is in the works, be in Florida soon!

Donna
:D

Attachments

• Thanksgiving.jpg
    Thanksgiving.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 45