• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Very sad news

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I learned today of the passing of Ed Esslinger a few weeks ago. Ed was a long time promoter of Sunbeam Alpines and Tigers. He published a number of helpful hints and tips for Sunbeams and was always helpful to others who had any questions/concerns about their cars. He attended many of the SAOCA Invasions and was a joy to be with. He was helpful to me when I first installed AC in Ol' Blue and we had a nice exchange of emails and phone calls about AC and other Sunbeam things. The Sunbeam community has lost a dear friend.

65beam

Donation Time
news

the whole story is in the current TE/AE Rootes Review. he passed away December 9, 2015.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Ed Esslinger passed away at his home in Ozark Alabama on December 9th, 2015. Ed had a large assortment of Rootes cars and loved working on, modifying, and then driving them long distances to Sunbeam events. He organized many Sunbeam gatherings and started the Sunbeam SOS weekends which continue to this day. He was always quick with a story, a smile, and help or advice. He is survived by his wife of almost 70 years, Joyce.

Attachments

• Ed at Daytona United 2007.JPG
    Ed at Daytona United 2007.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 30