• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Value of seriesV Alpines ?

ALPINE5GT

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am looking to buy a SV in so-cal and wonder what the value is these days?
It is rust free,has worn interior, great seats, no dash pad, a tear in the knee roll, non-original color, matching engine#, and very straight. apparently runs very well. Seller wants $5000 which is more than I paid for my last one(SVGT).I have not bought one in a long time(10years) and wonder if this is a good price? It is said to be a one-owner car as well.
Thanx in advance for the help.
Kevin Rodgers (currently in Afghanistan till Feb) 68 series V GT GTODHRO

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Kevin,

We have several members in Souther California. Where is the car? Someone might be willing to go by and take a look. Might help you make the deal. If it's close to the Calif/Arizona border, I may be able to take a look.

Based on your post, I'm assuming you're serving our country over there. If so, thank you for your service Sir. And welcome to our happy little corner of the internet.

ALPINE5GT

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes Nick the car is in Santa Ana for sale by a wholesaler.He is firm on $5000 OTD and I don't know anyone close. He has sent several pix.
Thank you for your Kind words-it helps enduring this "unpleasant " area. I am serving with the Navy SeaBees with NATO forces construction support.
I have been a member or the SAOCA for almost 10 years but forgot my login info LOL.
Any help anyone could lend would be appreciated, as the seller will hold the car for me 'till I return (soon I hope)
Kevin

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I'd skip the wholesaler, especially Santa Ana being what it is.
5k may not be a bad price, but there are lots of tricks as they know to polish a turd or so to speak.

Unless you can see the car, know them well or have a proxy, there are too many major items to hide with a remote transaction.

I would hold out for a private party, even if you have to tow/ship it.

Robbo

Donation Time
Kevin,

First and foremost - I hope you are doing well in your current location. I recently went through the same search and found my SV in Florida. I paid about $7K and it sounds like it was in a little better shape cosmetically. When I was searching, good - solid, rust free drivers were in the 5-10 range, but all of then would still require at least 1-3K in repair and parts. At 5K, you may also want to add up what you think you'll invest to get it to where you want it. It's sometimes a little less expensive to find one with that work already done. As you're not in the country, another member might be in the area that can go check it out and give you an opinion on it's condition mechanically and body. I know another member had done that for me and it was very eye opening (he also committed not to buy it if it was a good deal - which was appreciated :) If the engine is running well without any major issue and the body is sound and straight might be worth the project at 3,500-5K and then spend some more to take it up a few notches. Just my take, but I'm just recently "back in the game".

kmathis

Donation Time
Yes Nick the car is in Santa Ana for sale by a wholesaler.He is firm on $5000 OTD and I don't know anyone close. He has sent several pix.
Thank you for your Kind words-it helps enduring this "unpleasant " area. I am serving with the Navy SeaBees with NATO forces construction support.
I have been a member or the SAOCA for almost 10 years but forgot my login info LOL.
Any help anyone could lend would be appreciated, as the seller will hold the car for me 'till I return (soon I hope)
Kevin

Hi, Kevin;

I live about 8 miles from Santa Ana, so if you want eyes on the car just let me know and I will go down and take a look.
I bought my SV from a dealer in Playa Del Rey and I paid 6K for it, however the body was rust free, it was a California car from right over here in Placentia since new, so I thought the higher price was worth it.
Thank you for your service with the Navy Seabees....that is great!