• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Vader is having problems trying to limp in

Buck C

Donation Time
Hey invaders,
Buck C here.I hope the show is going well for all.I am ticked that I am missing out but I am having problems with vader.Things were looking good on Thursday,but then the starter went out and I found many other problems after that.I have been breaking my back to make it,but more things keep popping up.Found some broken wires,vacuum lines etc,I thought we were good for the bbq today and decided on a test drive just to make sure and sure enough.It just quits running at any given time,I mean dead on the road.So I made my way back home and started surgery again.I found a dead spot on the ignition switch,and it was a little stiff so when it springs back it shut's off.A little wd-40 took care of that problem.Now I am running,but getting a flat spot on acceleration.It happens right off of idle.Sometimes back firing it is so bad.But once I get past the flat spot she goes,but I have to rev or kinda get on it to get past it.I am putting in some new plugs and dist.cap tonight.Also found that the vacuum advanced is not working,so I ordered one from advanced but it will not be in untill tommorow morning,so I am going to pick it up and try to hobble in so I can make the drive with you guys to the speedway.I think it sitting around so long put a hurting on it.I may need some of your guy's expert knowledge to help me get through this.I really wanted to see the concert tonight,but I broke my neck a couple years ago and have been fighting the dark horse and when 5:30 rolled around I was so tired from working on it that I just hit my easy chair and rolled my eyes back.Todd I know you said you could send some guy's out,but I did'nt want to ruin your guy's concert.It is about 12:30 am and I just woke up and am going out to give it another go.Wish me luck.And if anyone is still up.Any coments or sugestions would be helpful.But come hell or high water I will be there in the morning even if I have to cut holes in the floorboards and peddle it in like Fred Flintstone.I don't really know how Patty will feel about that.lol.Now I understand the guy's that run around with the alpine shirts with the car on the wrecker.I'm learning.We will see you all tommorow....Cheers....Buck and Patty....:eek:

Buck C

Donation Time
Hey is there an award for the shortest distance,but the longest to show up.hehe.....

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
There is a hard luck award but there are several contenders!
Maybe your gas is old and bad??? Make it to the show and there will be plenty of folks willing to help get it running good. Eric

Buck C

Donation Time
I am sure there are and most likely worse than mine.I am preparing for departure now.Cheers...Buck C