• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 driver Gainesville, Florida

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Iirc this car is not a sunbeam... But a mutt ii with the alpine body stretched over the top???

Michael .... You mention a Mutt II are you referring to the M151 Mutt Jeep? ... or this one:D

....... David

Attachments

• 3-Mutts-Cutts-Dog-Van-Clever-Costume-Ideas-For-Your-Car.jpg
    3-Mutts-Cutts-Dog-Van-Clever-Costume-Ideas-For-Your-Car.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 18

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Barf

Also the "I just threw up in my mouth," car in a CAT thread.

Truly the bad penny that keeps turning up.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
There's definitely no accounting for taste .... or the lack there of it!

......Sorry for posting that pic. but I've seen wrecked Alp's I'd rather have then that puppy, no offense to the owner (JMHO) .... Though it would make a nice parts car .. Just can't seem to get past that hood ....

But seriously ... I've heard the mention of a Mutt II on the forum before and I'm curious what it's referring to where Alpines are concerned? ... Maybe someone will enlighten me ... I'm familiar with the M151 Mutt military Jeeps .... before Alpines my passion was military trucks(PW's mostly)and civilian PW's ....

........ David

Last edited:

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
But seriously ... I've heard the mention of a Mutt II on the forum before and I'm curious what it's referring to where Alpines are concerned? ... Maybe someone will enlighten me ... I'm familiar with the M151 Mutt military Jeeps .... before Alpines my passion was military trucks(PW's mostly)and civilian PW's ....

........ David

It's referring to the Ford Mustang II.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
This is a very good example of a good idea poorly executed. Folks think because it´s a good idea, they can do it any way and it will turn out fine. They have no experience in engineering, and don´t read anything that will help them understand how it should be done.

Many great ideas are ruined by not taking the time to think them through.

This Alpine has been presented for sale several times before. All you ned to do is look at it, to see that it is all wrong.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mutt II ?

David, Most references when used on the Forum refers to the FORD Mustang with a designation Rome Numeral "II".... It was manufactured between the years 1974 and 1978.

Most of the Mutt II's probably had the 4 cyl engines, but there was a 2.8 V6 engine designed in Cologne, Germany in a good many plus later an optional V8.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Thanks Mike H and Dan ...

... Didn't think you were referring to the M151 ... But after seeing some of the conversion folks have done on many different cars over the years ... I just wasn't sure ... I have seen a MG 4X4 conversion based on I believe was either a Bronco II or a Jeep of some sort ... Ya' just never know what you'll come across.

....... David

Bill Blue ... A two story hood scoop! .....:eek:

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
v6 alpine gainesville

It is a Mutt....I went there and crawled all over it and had to take a pass......price keeps ;owering....would be great for a parts car for someone wanting to do a v6 alpine...it runs great...hood is like that because engine is so high up...it is indeed an alpine body somehow put on either a must 11 or a carpri.....Steering and tilt wheel loks like must 2 rto me...also it has power steering

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Most of the Mutt II's probably had the 4 cyl engines, but there was a 2.8 V6 engine designed in Cologne, Germany in a good many plus later an optional V8.

Having visited many salvage yards here in the upper midwest I have found quite a few Mustang II's with the V6/automatic combination and even more with the V8 option. Not very many around here with the 4 cylinder engine.

If only all the V6 versions had the manual transmission...........