• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 Conversion Novice

RayMar

Donation Time
I have read Jim Ellis' articles of 2008 and 2009 on converting to a 2.8 V6. Since I am so green at this could the following questions be answered?

1. How much does Jose's conversion kit cost? what does it include? and where do I get it.

2. According to the Local Ford dealer I cannot buy a new 2.8. Is there something comparable that is later? (i.e., the same size V6?)

3. Seems that there are more than one version of the T5 transmission. Is this true?

I'll be asking more questions in the future. The articles I've read are great.

thanks much
RayMar

gordonra

Donation Time
Hello RayMar:

You can contact Jose by sending him a Pirvate message on this board to get pricing and availability information.

Ford 2.8 engines are available as remanufactured, or you can still find them if you look around salvage yards, ebay and craigs list. The conversion requires components from a Mustang version and some from the Ranger/Bronco II version. Other engines have been done, but none other has been "engineered" and documented to this extent. Performance and satisfaction is just as well known.

There are several versions of the T5, some have better ratios, some requrie less modification. Only Ford versions are applicable. Jose usually recommends 96 or later.

This conversion has been done many, many times and there are several on the forum that are currently in process (including mine), so it is a well known and well thought out project.

Jose will be happy to give you more detailed advice.

Regards, and best of luck!

Rich

I have read Jim Ellis' articles of 2008 and 2009 on converting to a 2.8 V6. Since I am so green at this could the following questions be answered?

1. How much does Jose's conversion kit cost? what does it include? and where do I get it.

2. According to the Local Ford dealer I cannot buy a new 2.8. Is there something comparable that is later? (i.e., the same size V6?)

3. Seems that there are more than one version of the T5 transmission. Is this true?

I'll be asking more questions in the future. The articles I've read are great.

thanks much
RayMar

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I'd also recommend looking up "V6 Mod Articles" on the home page under "Featured Articles". You can also go back thru the Modified section. There's a bunch of great information there.

Ignore any suggestions from Series 6 as he ain't got a clue....

Welcome to our happy little group on the Darkside.