• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

v6 conversion kit?

wattran

Donation Time
O.k. so I've got a 1967 Sunbeam Alpine given to me, but the motor was toast. Completely seized, cylinders full of sawdust and the head is deformed. So I've completely striped the car, put in on a rotisserie, blasted it and now I have to figure out what kind of engine to put back in it. I have read lots about engine swaps and it seems the conversion to a Ford 2.8 liter V6 is the most common. Does anyone know how to get in touch with the person who makes and distributes these kits? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Randy

britbeam

Donation Time
V6 Mod Kit

Go to members list find"V6 Jose".Click on his name and you will be able to choose how you want to communicate with Jose.Built my V6 in early 2000 still driving it with no problems. Ive logged 22,000 plus miles of pure driving pleasure. This is the quickest way to driving a modified Alpine. There are other engines you could install but for my money this was the quickest route. Besides all that the tech support from Jose is tops.
"WELCOME TO THE DARKSIDE"
Dwain V6 Krazy
BTW Drove mine yesterday.Still a beauty

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Randy,

I am stlii making kits and have a few on the shelf. It is the one that has been being made for over thirty years and still the best engineered and the best looking. it makes the little V6 look like it came from the factory like that.

Just send me your phone number, time zone and best time to call, and I will call you. We can then discuss your project.

Jose

p.s. Welcome to the Dark Side.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Wattran

There are Darksiders all over. Where are you? City/State/Province?

wattran

Donation Time
I'm in Calgary, Alberta. I also ride a Triumph, so not sure if that's allowed on the Dark Side. Jose you can contact me on my cel at 403-312-9037. Pretty much everday after about 7 am unitl 5 pm, Mountain time.

Thanks

Imperialist1960

Donation Time
Triumph in Calgary

Had you stated that you live in Calgary and ride a Triumph in January, you would have assured your place here.

As it is now, I'm on the fence.

conanhomer

Donation Time
conversion

hey wattran: if you are ever in the neighbourhood of Cranbrook (or Moyie) BC I can show you my Darkside that I completed this spring. any advice or help you need, give me a call. 250-829-0725 Mike