• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 2.8 header bolts

canuck pride

Donation Time
Hi all, I have bin trying to find some locking header bolts for my 2.8 and keep coming up empty handed. Can someone please steer me in the right direction. Thanks. Mike

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Mike,

If you put in the header bolts that came with your kit, with Loc Tite blue, you won´t need to retighten them all the time.

If you really want locking header bolts, just get regular 3/8" header bolts that fit most U.S. cars.

Jose

Hi all, I have bin trying to find some locking header bolts for my 2.8 and keep coming up empty handed. Can someone please steer me in the right direction. Thanks. Mike

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
The threads in the heads are metric, but the 3/8" header bolts will screw in perfectly, and actually end up tightening up just as the header is tightened up just right. The Loc Tite blue will keep you grom needing to retighten the bolts with time.

Jose

Ok thanks , My kit didn't come with bolts. I thought the heads had a metric thread. My bad.