• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Upper radiator hose

dmich2

Donation Time
Does anyone have the part number for the upper radiator hose on the Jose V6 conversion? I had it, but you know how that goes.....:rolleyes:

Thanks,
Dennis

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Cool...More shiney stuff under the hood/bonnet. 24"... You could make an upper and lower out of one kit assuming you could make the connections on both ends..

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Dennis,

You don´t really need a specific hose. Just look for a pre formed hose that has the bend you need to make it work, then trim it to what you need. That is what I do. It saves me all the trouble of looking for a specific hose, with it´s part number.

Jose

dmich2

Donation Time
Thanks all. I might try the stainless look. I had a hose that fit perfectly, and it had a number on it, but I've misplaced the darn thing.

Thanks,
Dennis

slippery_biscuit

Donation Time
I'm going to go that route. Summit has the stuff in a variety of lengths. I like the kits as it makes for easy adjustment to the different water outlet/inlet sizes. You can also get anodized red or blue.

slippery_biscuit

Donation Time
Say Dennis, I was poking around my stuff and I think I found what you are looking for. NAPA 8021. It looks like I may have whittled one end a bit sometime in the past.... but regardless, the section I'm holding looks like it is the ticket.

If you're interested I could even send this one to you as I won't be using it.

Jeff

dmich2

Donation Time
I found the hose I had and got a new one. Didn't say anything, but I bit the bullet a month ago and ordered an aluminum radiator for Sweet Pea. Custom job from a place here in NC. I sure hope I haven't made a big mistake. But they accomadated my every need. Even the 90 degree lower hose connection. It looks sweet. I sure hope I haven't made a big mistake. It wasn't cheap, but hey, when I took my old radiator to the shop everyone recommends here in Wilmington to have it reworked, it was going to be the same price. Thanks for the NAPA number. It may still come in handy.

Dennis

wmhodge99

Donation Time
Dennis,

I purchased an aluminum radiator based on the design posted on this forum. Were you able to use the NAPA 8021 hose? If not, what did you use for your hoses? (where did you purchase them?)

Thanks
Bill