• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Upper and lower Rad outlet/inlet size.

beijing_ken

Donation Time
Hi All,

Can someone please tell me the O.D. of the upper and lower rad hose outlet/inlets and if they can also recommend appropriate rad hoses that would be a plus for the "Jose V6 Conversion"?

Thanks,

Ken

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Greetings from the ole USA!

Hi, Ken....

The OD for the "modified" radiators is the same as the Mustang II radiators.

Also, same as the engine inlets/outlets.

Real smart aren't I?

I'll go measure in a bit and get back if no one else gives an answer.

gordonra

Donation Time
Hi All,

Can someone please tell me the O.D. of the upper and lower rad hose outlet/inlets and if they can also recommend appropriate rad hoses that would be a plus for the "Jose V6 Conversion"?

Thanks,

Ken

Hi Ken,

Depending on your particular configuration, a Gates #22960 hose should work for both thee upper and lower connections. Just cut it where you need to fit your situation. The diameter of the radiator nipple is 1.44" (~36mm).

This is the upper on my radiator.... The outlet is all the way in the upper left corner:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39675377/Mods%20for%20V6/20140427_094241.jpg

This is the modifications on my radiator. I chose to come out the back side instead of the bottom as most of the guys do, and it worked out very well.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39675377/Mods%20for%20V6/20140419_132034.jpg

Front view of the thermostat housing:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39675377/Mods%20for%20V6/20140419_132254.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39675377/Mods%20for%20V6/20140406_194127.jpg

Regards,

Rich

beijing_ken

Donation Time
Hi Rich,

Thank you, as I am trying to get a rad built while I am away, but will get to work on my "project" in June.

Ken

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bejing Ken, I measured my '79 Mercury radiator inlet and outlet, they measure 1 1/4" OD (2.8 V6 engine).

The inlet on my 4 bbl intake measures 1 1/4" OD (note: the ridge at the very front of the inlet which causes the hose to "hold" tight shows 1 5/8" OD).

The same is true for the outlet housing, it measures 1 1/4" OD but the very end which has a ridge that "hold" the water hose tight is
1 5/8" OD.

Hope this helps with some of your questions, if not let me know and I'll keep trying to get the right answers.

DanR

britbeam

Donation Time
hoses

The hoses that I found bends to make upper and lower radiator hose were Dayton P/N 70641 & 70749. Hope this helps you.

Dwain "V6 Krazy

tc_157

Donation Time
Does anyone know where I can get a new lower thermostat housing for the 2.8L ford that will work on the engine swap? Thanks.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi TC,

You can order one from NAPA. It will need to be modified to work though, because the two nipples (radiator hose and heater hose) both point straight down into the front crossmember so hoses will not fit. You can have someone local, or if you want for someone who has been modifying them for years, I can send you his contact info.

Jose

Does anyone know where I can get a new lower thermostat housing for the 2.8L ford that will work on the engine swap? Thanks.

tc_157

Donation Time
Thermostat housing

Thank you Jose for your quick response. What year and model what get me the correct part? Couldn't alter it myself...info on who could would be appreciated. Hope you are doing well and feeling good.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi TC,

Any Mustang II from 1974-1978 will get you what you are looking for. Don´t forget to get the three pointed back side fitting that has the by pass hose nipple. You will also need the three thin bolts that hold the whole thing together (thermostat housing, timing cover and three pointed back fitting.

The guy to contact is Jim Moyer. His email address is: jmoyer@inwi.net
His phone number is: (509) 738-2855

Since you are looking for the part, you could ask Jim to source one for you and then modify it for you, that way, you would save the shipping to his place. I believe he charges $53.00, to modify one, and that includes shipping. Of course that wouldn´t cover the cost of the part too. What you also need to remember, is to let him know if you intend on using the heater in your Alpine, so he can modify it accordingly.

Jose

Thank you Jose for your quick response. What year and model what get me the correct part? Couldn't alter it myself...info on who could would be appreciated. Hope you are doing well and feeling good.

tc_157

Donation Time
Thermostat Housing

Jose,
I thank you very much once again for your quick response and sharing this information. A great help.

Tom C