• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Unususal License Plate Bracket

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
My late mode SV (B395017894) parts car has a different kind of rear license plate bracket, shown in the attached photos. I always assumed this was one of the late model parts bin changes, like the headlight rims and license plate lights, but made an interesting discover yesterday. I removed them from the trunk and found that the bolts holding them on were 10mm. I couldn't find any evidence that the standard type were once there. Could Rootes have done this? Or, what they a dealer installed feature and these were just what the dealer had laying around at the time?

Attachments

• Liscense Plate Bracket 1.jpg
    Liscense Plate Bracket 1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 97

mikephillips

Donation Time
I've never seen one like that. I would guess it's either just something a dealer had lying around or something a prior owner did on his own.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
My late mode SV (B395017894) parts car has a different kind of rear license plate bracket, shown in the attached photos. I always assumed this was one of the late model parts bin changes, like the headlight rims and license plate lights, but made an interesting discover yesterday. I removed them from the trunk and found that the bolts holding them on were 10mm. I couldn't find any evidence that the standard type were once there. Could Rootes have done this? Or, what they a dealer installed feature and these were just what the dealer had laying around at the time?

My late SV parts car (Nov 67) has the same brackets; the nuts are larger than 7/16 and smaller than 1/2 possibly due to corrosion. The bolt heads are smaller than 10mm, I'd guess ~7mm.

Allan

RootesRich

Donation Time
Jim, my late SV has the same bracket. I never thought to check the bolt, but will in the coming weeks and let you know.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Well, we now know there were at least three of them, so this must be one of those late SV things. The metric bolts could have been put in at anytime; they looked pretty clean inside and my not have been the original ones.

Thanks.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Those are brakets off of a British lic. plate holder I have two sets of them! some one must have used them to attach the plate in the back, as this is from the front plate holder.:D