• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Unusual Ford heads for sale...

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm no longer a Tiger owner, and know *nothing* about the seller of these heads, but I did find this ad today in our local Craigslist, so I thought I'd pass it on in case someone in the Tiger crowd was interested. I've never seen a set like these.

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/pts/d/morristown-sunbeam-tiger-special-heads/7426988698.html

Ad states:
"SELLING A SET OF 302 HEADS THAT WILL BOLT ONTO A 260 V8 FOUND IN THE TIGERS. SINCE 260 V8 ENGINES HAVE A SMALLER BORE THAN THE 289 OR 302 THOSE HEADS WILL NOT BOLT ONTO THE 260
BUT 4V HEADS USED ON THE GT 350 SHELBY AND GT 302 J CODE MUSTANGS HAD A SMALLER CHAMBER WITH THE LARGER VALVES AND PORTS. 260 ENGINES HAVE A 1.67 INTAKE VALVE THESE ARE 1.78 AND NAVE A SMALLER CHAMBER TO HELP COMPRESSION. 260 HAD 54.5 CC AND THESE 302 HEADS HAVE A 53.5 CC WITH THE LARGER INTAKE PORTS PERFECT FOR THE TIGERS THIS SET IS DATE CODED 8E8 AND IS CLEANED AND REBUILT CALL RICHARD FOR INFO"

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
FYI, decades ago I CCed a few 260 heads and found the typical unmilled chamber size was 56cc., just saying.

(and early 289s are in the same CC ballpark)

And I would add, 260 engine specs included the 260 head gasket( long NA) that was REAL thick.

(and it's typical for 260s to have a LOT of piston to deck clearance)

Also note, those later heads, on CL are "rail rocker" heads.

DW