• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

UK Ebay late hardtop

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUNBEAM-ALPIN...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

An interesting hardtop - plastic according to the seller.

This is what I remember as having purchsed from a used car lot's back garage for my first Sunbeam- same look as the metal factory tops, also (embassy?) black.

Is this is an example of a Parrish hardtop, or someone else's. I've seen more rounded plasticaftermarket tops, but don't recall seeing another late model plastic clone. But maybe I just looked in the wrong place.

Allan
(no connection to seller)

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
In the early 90's somebody was producing a replica of the steel Alpine/Tiger hardtop. I thought it was pretty nice and according to the reviewer in the magazine I was reading they thought it was somewhat lighter than the steel original and added more sound deadening.

If I could only get it to the US I would jump on it. Wish more were made or that it was offered in the US.

Steve

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Yes, nice top

Hi Allan,

That is a nice top. Better yet is that you have started your own web site showing off your car.:) Look great Allan, it will be good to meet you and see your car the Invasion VIII.

Regards,
Andrew

alpine_64

Donation Time
I am not so sure thats a fibreglass top.. looks like a factory top. I have seen the fibreglass tops from the 90's an they lacked the opening windowes and details and clips of the factory stuff. If it is a fibreglass one.. then its amazing as it looks correct per factory. Here is a link to the factory repro tops i am reffering too.. you often see them on british race/rally tigers and alpines.

Notice the rear window area and around the windows..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10184672@N06/2299365845/

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I'm with you Michael. I think it is a factory top, because even the side rails look like those on the factory top.

Jose :)

jmthehermit

Donation Time
I'll certainly agree with it being a factory hardtop. But the big question is, why sell it? It will still fit the car after the conversion to a soft top. Jeff

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
I wrote to the seller this morning; he states that the roof is fibreglass with perspex windows.

This is what I remember from the hartop I paid ~100$ for in the 70's, less than the starting bid... only mine had a slight tear in the headliner.

It was less rigid than the factory metal tops, but not sure that it was much lighter. No rust problem.

Andrew-thanks for noticing the site. I hope to get it going this year...

Allan