• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

type of hubcaps for S11

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Ok kids, which type of hubcaps and trim rings came stock on a series 2? VIN# 9116436 built 6/14/62.
Thanks,
Jeff

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
What is did dish? same as later series, or the early style moon type with quarter size dimple in the center? A picture is worth a thousand words, maybe Bob Webb will chime in with some photos.

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks Bob , but which was used on my ( 9116436) car. I'm finishing a completely stock restoration and would like to have the correct hubcaps.
Jeff

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jeff the early cars had a more pointed dome to the caps and less chamfer at the outer edge they also had a small central recess rather that the later larger round recess with chamfered edge.

resize.php

610063-1000-0@2x.jpg

65beam

Donation Time
Thanks Bob , but which was used on my ( 9116436) car. I'm finishing a completely stock restoration and would like to have the correct hubcaps.
Jeff
The production changes show the hub cap style was changed with B9107388

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Thank You gentlemen! Looks like my car uses the later style, which I have already. I will post some photos when I get it out later today.

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
P1010823.JPG P1010817.JPG Finally got to take a ride in my S2 today, big difference from a series 5.

Attachments

• P1010822.JPG
    P1010822.JPG
    428.3 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010820.JPG
    P1010820.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010797.JPG
    P1010797.JPG
    292.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Great looking seacrest sii.

You still need some some of the early series trim rings for the wheels. I saw some on ebay about a week back.

65beam

Donation Time
Didn't they start making the new style wheels at car # 9107291? The wheels look to be from a car built prior to the change.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Junkman, what's that lurking in the bushes behind your very nice SII ? Looks to be another sii....