• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Twin Zeniths

old grumpy

Donation Time
I have the twin Zenith carb. setup with inlet manifold that was on the early models. How does it work? Do you manage to adjust it properly in spite of the (probably ) worn spindles.
Does the car use a lot of petrol?

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
I have the twin Zenith carb. setup with inlet manifold that was on the early models. How does it work? Do you manage to adjust it properly in spite of the (probably ) worn spindles.
Does the car use a lot of petrol?

Old grumpy,

The manual for your carbs is available on the SAOCA Forum at:

http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/downloads/zenith.pdf

These carbs are good performers once set correctly and the literature indicates abt 25 mpg.

Get a unisync tool for easier tuning (available at Summit Racing and elsewhere I'm sure)

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Yeah a properly configured set of 36 WIPs especially with gravel strainer air cleaners will outperform even a weber DFV.

The progressive weber would probably yield better economy than the twin zeniths though.

On a different topic, why do all you europeans call them webbers?
Edoardo Weber would turn over in his grave if he heard that.

Limey

Donation Time
No way! I don't call them "Webbers"! The British does! They can sometimes be a little peculiar :p

I say my good fellow, steady on! No need for any beastliness. Also it British 'do', not 'does':rolleyes:

And it's spelled a-l-u-m-i-n-i-u-m. :D

Limey

old grumpy

Donation Time
Language

I don't have to spell correctly, because English is not my mother language. Every mistake is excused

Limey

Donation Time
I don't have to spell correctly, because English is not my mother language. Every mistake is excused

Sorry, your English made me think you were American. If you are not American than I should say that you speak it as well as many English. Best regards. (By the way what is your mother tongue?)

Oliver

Nickodell

Donation Time
Weber is a German name, pronounced "vayber" in that very precise language. However, as Weber was born in Bologna, Italy, where his carbs were originally manufactured, he probably pronounced it "webber" (the closed "e" is pronounced as in "sera"). To add to the confusion, the carbs are now made in Spain. Plus, there are Webers all over North America, such as Weber College, that are pronounced "weeber."

There, that settles it once and for all.

old grumpy

Donation Time
Not that fast!
Weber as a German word is not pronounced "vayber" in German. By an English person maybe.
"e" pronounced like "e" in "end"