• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Turn signal assembly for SV

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Can't find instructions on assembly for my SV turn signal.

Replacing broken piece and now can't figure where a couple small pieces go...

Help will be greatly appreciated

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
I used this for info when I did mine

I also have a few pictures on my flickr site but not specifically grouped for the turnsignal repair..
I can group them into a single set if you need..

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
THANKS, But none of what you posted helps. I am looking for the dfetailed drawing that shows each and every minute part for the swith assembly.

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
Sorry.. I dont have that. I took apart as little as possible to give my best chance of getting it all back.

Hardest part was keeping the small spring and the metal clip in the right spot and holding it all together while reassembling the unit.
I was able to make the self-canceling part work (which was not working when I got the car)

I hope to not have to do it again ;-)

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Dan,

I have a series 4 turn signal unit in my parts collection. Here is a picture of what I have:

1711684207132.png

I can take more photos of the assembly, but I am not sure if they will be helpful for what you are trying to reassemble.

Mike

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan-bring it to the Invasion and I will help you. Is it a later pull to flash type or the earlier plain one?
The later ones have lots of small moving parts!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Eric, It is the "Flasher" or "Dipper" type. Been on Blue Boy since we became the Proud Owners.

The little plastic return piece broke and I was fixing it. You are right.... lots of small parts. Very different from earlier switches.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks, Mike. The early series has four wires. Mine has six. The extra wires are for the Dipper option.

Acollin

Donation Time
Do any of these help? These are from when I repair the cancelation set up on my series v.

Attachments

• IMG_0394.jpeg
    IMG_0394.jpeg
    833.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0393.jpeg
    IMG_0393.jpeg
    718.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0390.jpeg
    IMG_0390.jpeg
    886.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0391.jpeg
    IMG_0391.jpeg
    819.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0392.jpeg
    IMG_0392.jpeg
    788.2 KB · Views: 18

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Acollin, good PIC's.

Yours are for the early switches with out the Dipper/Flasher option.

Mine has six wires which are for the dipper.