• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Trunk wiring loom

H One-Twenty

Donation Time
How is the wiring loom routed through the trunk in a SIV? I didn't remove it from the car, so from the grommet above the parking brake back I can see no trace of where it goes. I'm guessing it runs up over the wheel arch and behind the tank then along by the balance pipe to the right side. Both ends of the loom that connect up to the taillights have been cut so I'm not sure what the original length was.

65beam

Donation Time
wiring

the wiring runs up and over the wheel well and runs above the left fuel tank so the wiring can hook to the fuel tank sending unit. then it hooks to the tail light and the wiring loom continues thru the rear valance along side the fuel tank balance pipes. it then goes up to the right tail light. in the center you will find the wiring for the license plate light. the openings in the trunk side panels are so you can reach the wiring for the lights.

mikephillips

Donation Time
One additional thing to consider doing is running grounds from the tail lamps. Normally they ground to the body by the housing studs touching bare metal as they pass through the holes in the rear. I recommend running a wire from one of the housing studs to the top of the rear gas tank mounting. Get a length of black wire, since Lucas used black for grounds, put a ring on each end and put one ring over the tail lamp stud before fastening down and the other under one of the tank mounting screws. Provides a more reliable ground.