• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Trunk Lock Support Plate Missing a Part?

bashby

Donation Time
I am putting my Series V back together and it appears that I am missing a mounting bracket for the trunk lock/support plate region as the trunk lock mechanism screws into the body in the flange gasket interface and the support bracket attaches to the body with 4-1/4-28 bolts. Does the lock simply sit on the support bracket? If it does what are the horizontal mounting holes on the lock mechanism for? If there is supposed to be a "adapter bracket" then I need one.

Last edited:

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bill, on my Series V cars the bracket sets only the support. The front portion of the lock is straight and the two holes align with the holes in the support. My lock mechanism is the same depth as the support (does not overhang).

Bill

bashby

Donation Time
It looks like I might have a Series I-III trunk lock, I have an identical one that was on the Series IV though.