• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Trunk curtain series V

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Wondering if the trunk curtain that came along with my series V is factory original. Will restore the rubber and reinstall if so.

In-lining images for better resolution. First 4 images:

20170512-001-trunk-curtain.jpg

20170512-002-trunk-curtain.jpg

20170512-003-trunk-curtain.jpg

20170512-004-trunk-curtain.jpg

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
curtain

It doesn't look to be an original . It doesn't have the snaps on the sides to fasten it to the wheel wells. The back side doesn't appear to be the same finish as the bunch of originals that I have.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
It looks like the one from my Series V. I actually bought a new one, and then used the old one as a well liner for my top. I know our cars didn't have a well liner, but it works and looks like it belongs. Seems to protect the window a bit when folded.

65beam

Donation Time
curtain

It's an item that is very seldom seen and any replacements would be made using vinyl that would not be the same as original so if it fits and is in good shape then clean it and use it. A car is only original once. I did find a couple in my stash that don't have the snaps so maybe Chrysler decided to drop the wheel well snaps somewhere in the series 5 production to save a few dollars.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Mike

It looks like oiginals i have seen, will try and get confirming photos for you. I was a little thrown by the texture of the internal face canvas but might be close nature of the photo.

Always good to confirm these things from reliable reference.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Looks like the one I have at home from a later V. It also lacks snaps across the bottom and sides and has the sewn on cord across the bottom. The later ones are also a different type material from the earlier ones as they don't seem to get brittle and split like earlier ones do.